Welcome to Season 3 Episode 7 of the All Things Geekery Podcast – Bad Dad Jokes & Star Wars
In this episode, we are going to do something fun tonight. Throughout our podcast, we are going to throw out some Bad Dad Jokes. So those of you that appreciate a “bad” joke, these are for you. Regarding topics, we will discuss what could be time period of the next Assassin's Creed Game. We will also delve into some troubling news from Bioware and how it might affect the next Dragon Age game. We will wrap up the episode talking about Avengers Endgame, The next Star Wars game Jedi Fallen Order, and our thoughts on Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker.
Assassin’s Creed Vikings Teaser
- An unusual teaser in Ubisoft’s The Division 2, highlighted weeks after the game’s release, reveals that the next Assassin’s Creed game is all about Vikings
- The teaser located within the Potomac Event Center. There are numerous posters all over this event center, picturing what appears to be a Norse god or traveler adorned with the word Valhalla.
- What’s particularly interesting is that said traveler is holding what appears to be the Apple of Eden, a pivotal piece of technology in Assassin’s Creed lore.
Dragon Age 4
- The upcoming fourth entry into BioWare’s Dragon Age series was reportedly rebooted in 2017 and is allegedly influenced by a canceled Dragon Age project the studio had potentially been working on since 2015.
- reports that the current version of Dragon Age 4 began development under the codename Morrison while the canceled project was known by the codename Joplin. Morrison is reportedly being made on Anthem’s tools and codebase and is planned to have a “live service component” designed to sustain long-term gameplay and revenue. The current project is reportedly being made in BioWare’s primary Edmonton offices.
- Some BioWare developers allegedly said it’s possible a Dragon Age game built on Anthem’s codebase could have an offline structure. However, it appears the game will likely be online-only, but could largely still be experienced by a single player. One individual close to the Morrison project says its main story will be designed as a single-player experience, and multiplayer elements would ideally keep players engaged for post-launch content.
- If the report is accurate, project Morrison is Dragon Age 4: The Dread Wolf Rises. Dragon Age 4 was teased at The Game Awards 2018, accompanied by a BioWare blog post. Nearly a year before Dragon Age 4 was teased, BioWare’s Casey Hudson said the next Dragon Age game would be a live game, explaining "I think you’ll be relieved to see what the team is working on. Story & character focused. Too early to talk details, but when we talk about ‘live' it just means designing a game for continued storytelling after the main story."
Who Will Die In Avengers End Game
- Avengers End Game releases April 26th
- Who’s most likely to die in End Game
- The community is heavily leaning towards Captain America for sure dying
- Iron Man is in a close second
- Who all do we think will die?
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Announced in an episode of The Star Wars Show, an exclusive first look of Fallen Order will debut during a special panel on Saturday, April 13. The panel will feature a discussion revealing “never before heard details” ahead of the game’s release, which the hosts listed as Fall 2019. The game follows a Padawan that survived Order 66 and takes place shortly after the events Revenge of the Sith.
- What would we like to see in the game
- STORY, STORY, STORY - We need an amazing and engaging story that draws us into the Star Wars universe
- We need true Canon - Don’t mess with the Star Wars Canon (Us LORE nerds need you to understand this)
- Show us new things
- New Worlds
- New Weapons
- New Races, People, Etc
- FLYING - Let us take flight, jump into ships and space jump to another planet, or galaxy to meet new NPC’s and explore new missions! GIVE US SPACE COMBAT!!!
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker
- Releases December 20th, 2019
- JJ Abrams returns as director and co-writer - Originally Colin Trevorrow was hired to direct the film in 2015, but left the project late 2017 due to creative differences.
- The rise of Skywalker marks the third and final installment of the Star Wars sequel trilogy
- Episode IX will pick up years after the events of the Last Jedi
- Will we see Luke once more
- What did he mean by “No One’s Ever Really Gone”?
- Was this a warning of sorts
- Was he trying to comfort Rey
- What about Kylo Ren’s Helmet
- Who is fixing Kylo’s helmet
- What’s the significance of showing Kylo’s helm being fixed
- Is Kylo still obsessed with his grandfather? Is he having his Helm remade to hide his face? (SCAR) from lightsaber attack with Rey
- The Wreckage of a Death Star
- During the trailer we see the group of heroes come across what looks like the wreckage of a Death Star on a strange ocean planet
- From the films to the books, there have been multiple Death Stars
- Could this wreckage be from the Death Star that exploded around the forest moon of Endor?
- Could we actually be seeing the planet Endor
- We’ve never actually seen Endor in the movies, so we don’t have a way to visually compare the planet from the trailer to the canonical Endor
- Return of Emporer Palpatine
- Huge surprise at the end of the trailer
- We are left with the ominous laugh of Emporer Palpatine
- This leaves almost unlimited room for speculation
- We all know the end of Return of the Jedi Vader tossed the Emperor down the reactor which we all took as his death
- We never saw a body of the Emperor so did he really die
- Palpatine was the student of Darth Plageuis - Was Palpatine “Darth Sideous” obsessed with eternal life like Plageuis was? Could he have learned how to do something with the midi-chlorians to cheat death?
Be sure to subscribe to the All Things Geekery Podcast with any of your favorite podcast apps. Stop by and drop us a review so we know how we’re doing.
Thanks for listening, and we can’t wait to hear from you!